WAEC Agricultural Science Marking Scheme and Sample Questions
WAEC Agricultural Science Marking Scheme and Sample Questions . There will be three papers: Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple choice questions to be answered within 50 minutes for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay questions with each drawn from at least two themes in the syllabus. Candidates will be required to answer five of the questions within 2 hours 10 minutes for 90 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical paper for school candidates and alternative to practical paper for private candidates. It will consist of four questions, all of which should be answered within 1½ hours for 60 marks.
Paper 1 (Objective)
- The device which helps to regulate heat in an incubator is the
a. thermometer. B. hygrometer. C. insulator. D. thermostat.
- Which of the following statements about crop production is not correct?
- Onions are commonly grown in the rainforest zones.
- B. Yam, cocoyam and cassava are grown in both the rainforest and the savanna reg
- C. Some foreign vegetable crops are grown in and around urban centre
- Carrots are commonly grown in the savanna and moist vegetation belts.
- Which of the following is a disadvantage of surface irrigation?
- The quantity of water lost is high.
- B. Water is evenly distributed over the farmland
- C. It is very cheap to opera
- The system is suitable for paddy rice cultivation
- Fine soil tilth is produced by the use of
- harrow. B. plough. C. ridger. D. mower.
- The problems of farm mechanization in West Africa include the following
- reduction of farm drudgery. B. small farm holdings.
- C. poverty of farme D. poor topography.
Paper 2 (Essay)
(1) (a) Explain each of the following terms as used in animal production:
(i) dipping; (ii) dry cow; (iii) culling;
(iv) quarantine. [8 marks]
(b) Describe the life cycle of roundworm (Ascaris lumbricoides). [4 marks] (c) Explain the term farm mechanization. [2 marks] (d) Name four tractor coupled implements [4 marks]
(2) (a) State six limitations of farm mechanization in West Africa. [6 marks] (b) Suggest six ways of encouraging farm mechanization in West Africa.
|(c)||List four methods of identification in cattle management.||[4 marks]|
|(d)||What is debeaking in poultry management?||[2 marks]|
(3) (a) Mention two processes that release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere[2 marks]
A – Granite
B – Limestone
C – Marble
PAPER 3 (PRACTICAL)
1.(a) Identify specimens A, B and C. [3 marks] (b) Classify specimens A, B and C according to their mode of formation. [3 marks] (c) State three characteristics of each of specimens A, B and C. [9 marks]
- (a) Differentiate between specimens A and B [ 6 marks ] (b) State four ways in which specimen A is important [ 4 marks ] (c) Describe the formation of specimen A [ 5 marks ]