Secretary at the International Committee of the Red Cross- Apply- The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
Secretary (Information Management)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
- Responsible for information management in the Sub-Delegation itself and offices.
- Ensures that the chancellery team is referred to for ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving, how to use standard computer technology.
- Ensures compliance with the rules of visual identity in external presentations, letterheads, etc.
- Ensures that all users understand the need for and apply ICRC related policy and procedures.
- Ensures that the chancellery team helps the management team to organize the priorities of the delegation.
- Contributes to an easier decision making process, ensuring a coordinated and consistent work flow within the management team.
- Carries out or supervises all secretarial tasks, including the management of external contacts
- Informs/trains users on new information management tools.
- Diploma in a related field.
- 3 years’ work experience in similar function
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very good knowledge and at ease with standard computer tools and information systems
- Ability to work autonomously and to manage a small team.
- Very good analysis skills.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Rigor and good organization in daily work.
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities.
- Proactivity and perseverance.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Flexibility and availability.
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Secretary (Information Management) Maiduguri" as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated) Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.