Applications are invited for King Baudouin African Development Prize for development work in Africa. The Prize is awarded every other year by the King Baudouin Foundation. It offers its winners unique opportunities to increase their visibility and promote their cause to international audiences,
The King Baudouin African Development Prize (awarded every other year) aims to reward individuals or organizations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa.
The King Baudouin African Development Prize rewards outstanding contributions to development in Africa initiated and led by Africans. The Prize also seeks to draw public attention to the many inspirational stories, including challenges and successes, emerging from the African continent.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: The King Baudouin African Development Prize rewards outstanding contributions to development in Africa, initiated and led by Africans.
- Study Subject: These prizes are available for development work in Africa.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship of € 200.000 value will be awarded.
- Nationality: African students are eligible to apply for this prize.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from African countries (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this prize.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The Prize endeavors to reward innovative initiatives of Africans with a longer-term vision and impact a proven track record in improving the quality of life. The Selection Committee also pays particular attention to initiatives that stand out as the best in their field, improve the quality of life of the people they serve and empower people to take development into their own hands.
There are no restrictions as to the chosen themes. The Selection Committee favors positive approaches that deal with actual challenges in Africa.
- The candidate must be either an individual or an organization.
- Several individuals or organizations that are not structurally linked cannot be presented as one single candidacy.
- A former Prize winner may not be submitted a second time as a candidate. If a candidate was not withheld, it may, however, be submitted again for a next Prize.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
» Download Nigerian Universities Scholarship Past Questions and Answers
» Download WAEC Past Questions for All subjects
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter.
» Get your Original JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it