Some candidates have started seeing their JAMB results and they are looking for jamb latest news on cut off point. last year, JAMB announced national cut off mark for all schools by August. The reason maybe that the exam was scheduled later than this year.
This followed the conclusion of the combined policy meeting which had Vice Chancellors, Rectors and Provosts of higher institutions as well as other stake holders in attendance.
The minimum cut off marks for polytechnics and colleges of education was set at 100 while that of innovative enterprising institutes was set at 110.
It was also decided at the meeting that admission into first choice universities should close on October 15 while December 15, 2017 was set as the closing date for second choice admission by institutions.
Also, admissions into public degree awarding institutions for the 2017 UTME examination will end on January 15, 2018 while for private institutions, it ends on January 31, 2018.
JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede said institutions, with the decision, are not to go below the minimum cut-off points adopted at the meeting for admissions.
He called for the adoption of flexible cut-off marks for admission processes by higher institutions in the country.
According to him, “What JAMB has done is to recommend; We will only determine the minimum, whatever you determine as your admission cut-off mark is your decision.
“The Senate and academic boards of universities should be allowed to determine their cut-off marks.”He said.
“The admission process is now automated with direct involvement of the registrar of JAMB for final approval.
“We have agreed to regularize admissions that were done under the table this year. From next year we will not accept anything like that.”
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu stated that the cancellation on post-UTME was a mistake and said institutions are now at liberty to conduct, while adding that fee for the examination should not exceed N2000.