This is the step by step guide on how to register NECO GCE 2017. It contains the registration guidelines and instructions for candidates who intends to register for the exam.
At the time of writing this post, The National Examination Council (NECO) has commencement of the sales of application form fro the 2017 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates.
How to Register NECO GCE 2017 – Instructions & Guidelines
The National Examination Council (NECO) announced the commencement of the sales of application form fro the 2017 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates.
Please note that the Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for private candidates not in the School system.
NECO GCE – General Information.
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
How to Register NECO GCE.
- Candidates intending to register for the 2017 November/December NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby informed that registration will be strictly on-line using the NECO registration website mynecoexams.com. Registration can be done on the website at any time within the stipulated registration period.
- Passport Photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidate’s passport photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be of white background.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED ALONG WITH THE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD ENSURE THAT THEIR FINGERPRINTS ARE CAPTURED CORRECTLY DURING REGISTRATION.
- CANDIDATES WITH FINGERPRINTS NOT VERIFIED ON THE DAY OF THE EXAMINATION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THE EXAMINATION.
REGISTRATION WEBSITE – www.mynecoexams.com
NECO GCE Registration Fee/Mode of Payment.
To register, interested candidates should obtain a bank draft of Eleven Thousand Four Hundred Naira (N11,400) Only, payable to the Registrar, National Examinations Council in any of the NECO State Offices nationwide or in cash in any designated Bank or NIPOST offices nationwide. The registration fee includes cost for Biometric Data Capture, an Examination Ethics CD and Administrative Charges. Interested Banks and NIPOST Headquarters should visit NECO Headquarters for further clarifications.
NECO GCE Registration Period.
Registration will now close on the 30th September, 2017. .
NECO GCE Attestation/Photo Cards and Examination Timetable.
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the internet café:
- Time Table for the Examination; and
- One (1) clear copy of the NECO Attestation/Photo card; which should be presented for each examination. (Candidates should note that Attestation/Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted at the examination hall).
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Attestation/Photo card should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary institution;
- An ordained clergyman;
- A commissioned officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain or its equivalent rank;
- A senior civil servant not below the rank of GL. 14;
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO STAMP OR SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARDS IN NECO STATE OFFICES NATIONWIDE. A CLEAR COPY OF THE DOWNLOADED ATTESTATION/PHOTO CARD, DULY SIGNED AND STAMPED BY A REFEREE SHOULD BE PRESENTED FOR EACH PAPER.
Important Info to Blind Candidates.
Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, the NECO State Officer of the state where they intend to write the examination should be notified of their physical status immediately after registration.
NECO GCE Examination Towns.
The towns where the examination will be held have been grouped into examination towns/neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a town/neighbourhood within the state where they intend to sit for the examination.
NECO GCE – Available Subjects.
Subjects available are:
- Agricultural Science 8. English Language 15. Health Science 22. Physical Education
- Arabic Language 9. Financial Accounting 16. History 23. Physics
- Biology 10. French 17. Igbo 24. Salesmanship
- Chemistry 11. Further Mathematics 18. Islamic Studies 25. Stenography
- Christian Religious Studies 12. Geography 19. Literature-in-English 26. Store keeping
- Commerce 13. Government 20. Mathematics 27. Yoruba
- Economics 14. Hausa 21. Marketing
*Note: Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba) include Literature.