How to Effectively Use Past Question for your Benefit
How to Effectively Use Past Question for your Benefit. In this post, I will show you how to effectively use past questions to your benefit. I gave this advice to few candidates last year by word-of-mouth and all of them came out in flying colours.
There are many exams this year. The major ones are JAMB CBT, Post UTME, WAEC May/June, GCE, Nursing and Scholarship exams. All these exams are tough in their nature. If you want to pass any of these exams, you will need their previous years’ past questions.
But it doesn’t stop at getting the past question. For you to benefit from the past questions, you got to learn how to use them effectively.
Last week, one of our Examsguru candidate candidates (Mercy) ask me… are you sure that the JAMB past question will help me in the exam? My answer was…YES and NO. It depends on how you are using it.
In previous years, so many smart candidates use my post utme past questions to score above 300 in their post utme exams. You too can achieve this.
There are many ways you can benefit from using past questions while preparing for your exams. But sometime, many candidates get it all wrong on its usage.
Past questions are not textbooks and because if this, a lot of people don’t know how to use it effectively. In this post, I will advise you on how to effectively use past questions for your benefit.
What is Past Question?
Past questions are compilation of preciously written examination. It’s as simple as that. While it’s a piece of paper to some, smart candidates see it as a gold mine.
Your ability to get past questions and use it effectively could be a determining factor of success and failure.
Read: 5 Reasons Why You need Past Questions
So, here are few tips to effectively use past questions to your benefit.
- Don’t Read it: Past Questions are not text books, so don’t read them. Instead, practice the questions along with recommended textbooks for the subject you are reading.
- Write Mock Exam: Use the past question as a mock paper then write the exam in an examination mode. Make sure you follow the instructions and duration. After the mock exam, use the answers section and textbooks to mark your scripts.
- Cover it: Please try as much as possible to cover all the past questions you have. This is very vital because you don’t know which area of the previous year’s exam question that will repeat itself in the current exam.
- Practice Many Times: It’s very important that you practice the questions on the past questions as many times as possible. This will make you to master the questions as well as the correct answers. With this, you will quickly know the examiners’ tricks if you come across the same question in the next exam.
- Confirm the Answers from Textbooks: Like I said in point one above, make sure that you use recommended textbooks when practicing past questions. The past questions will help you to discover hidden topic you have not covered in textbook and will also help you to remember them.
With these few tips, I am sure you will pass your exam in flying colours this year.
Write your comments below. Make sure you share it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+.
I wish you success.
Commerce’s, mathematics, English, government
Please I need jamb question
plz I need Arabic and I R S past question
pls d jamb p/q…..is it textbook or software n plz if I wanted to get how can I get cuz am living in Ekiti-State…tanks
Hi Mercy, the jamb past questions and answers are in PDF format. You will be ablt to download it and print or use it like that on your smartphone and pc.
If you need it, kindly Pay to Account: Ifiokobong Ibanga 2003316090 Zenith bank PLC,
After payment, send your email address, course and school and the product you are paying for to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org or to my phone 08026529647 (Text or Whatsapp).
I will send it to you. Thanks
Wow! Thanks a lot
Welcome @ Ebube, I ma happy it was helpful.
Am a student I wrote WAEC last year been 2015 but I didn’t see my result, so this year I hv decided to write GCE nd de only thing I want is just to hv de knowledge nd sound certificate also to come out of every exam with flying colours pls help me with some pastquestions and answers, tanks nd God bless u.
Ok Harrison, tell me which of the past questions are you looking for?