FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form 2017/2018 is out
This is to inform the general public that the FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form 2017/2018 is out. See the admission requirements and how to apply here.
Federal University of Technology, Minna invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the School of Postgraduate Studies for 2016/2017 Academic Session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) postgraduate programmes admission for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Master Degree Programmes
The Master Degree programmes are expected to last a minimum of three Semesters for full-time students and there is no part time for Master’s degree programmes. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be six semesters for full-time, subject to passing all courses at the end of each semester and maintaining a CGPA of 2.5 at the end of the course-work programme. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.
A Minimum of six semesters (three (3) academic sessions) and maximum of ten semesters (five (5) academic sessions) for full-time students.
A Minimum of ten semesters (five (5) academic sessions) and maximum of fourteen semesters (seven (7) academic sessions) for part-time students respectively.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Please note that any candidate with PASS grade at either OND or HND does not qualify for admission. Generally, Full-time Students are expected to graduate normally after Three Semesters on successful completion of their programmes, subject to maintaining a minimum CGPA of 1.50 in any semester.
For information regarding available programmes and requirements for each programme, kindly download from HERE.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate General Admission Requirements.
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting results and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
1 Ph.D. Programmes
- Candidates for admission for any of PhD Programme shall be Master Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate(Not professional masters).
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
2. Master Degree Programmes
- A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
- A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School, may be required.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year graduation experience may be considered.
- For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- Where examination is required as in the case of (ii) and (iii) above, an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
3. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
i. First degree in relevant areas from any recognised university.
ii. Candidates with a minimum of Lower Credit at HND level are eligible for admission.
iii. Candidates with PASS grade are not eligible for admission.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes – Method of Application.
- All applications for Postgraduate programmes are online through the University website; futminna.edu.ng
- Applications will be accessible as from 20th March, 2017
- All requested information on the online application must be correct, and accurately provided with current and active email addresses and phone numbers.
- Completed application forms must be submitted online through the University portal latest on 23rd July, 2017. All necessary instructions on filling of form must be adhered to and failure to do so is sufficient ground to disqualify an applicant.
- Completed application forms must be printed out as they would be requested for during registration, on successful admission.
- All PhD Applicants must upload their research proposal of interest and ensure that their official transcripts are forwarded to;
Federal University of Technology,
Minna, Niger State.
Before the processing of admission.
Official transcripts could also be sent through our Email (email@example.com) to be uploaded before processing of admission.
- It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the online referee reports are duly filled and submitted by the respective referees before the closing date. Minimum of two (2) referees must be submitted on line.
- All certificates must be uploaded in their original form and in colour.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes – Application Forms.
University charges an application fee of N10,000.00 naira plus N250.00 naira interswitch charge making a total of N10,250.00 naira payable online via the interswitch platform with the use of master or verve card through the School portal.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes – Payment of Fees and the Procedures.
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must undergo the following registration formalities (screening, payment of fees and registration)This shall be completed within a stipulated date beyond which the candidate loses the admission.
Follow the link below to access FUTMINNA available M.SC., Ph.D. and PGD programmes with their specific requirements.
» Buy & Download Original Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
Share this information with friends
Medical microbiology in PGD, please is it available for this 2016/2017 academic session?
Can one obtain FUTMINNA without chosing them in jamb?